Newcastle Local Heroes Exhibition what support is on offer to community groups?
When we were asked to come to Newcastle to share our story and the learning tools we have developed over the last 18 months we were both excited and apprehensive.
At Hero HQ we are very aware of how hard it can be to be invited to take part in something that has great possibilities; the problems being that there is often no financial support available to take part, there is very little spare time to do personal development work and there is always a long to do list waiting for your attention. There may be many more you could add in…
So we did some thinking of our own and we’d like to explain about the support we can offer those groups and individuals taking part in the Newcastle Local Heroes Exhibition.
We can offer
- bespoke ‘community influencer’ sessions where we will explore the thinking tools with your staff and or volunteers working in the community [dates to be agreed]
- bespoke ‘education influencer’ sessions where we will explore the thinking tools with staff and or volunteers working with young people [dates to be agreed]
- open ‘community influencer’ where we will explore each of the thinking tools, give time to practice and ask questions in a mixed group [via Eventbrite]
- folder, workbook and task sheets for the Thinking Sessions
- email summary of session delivered with links to useful further reading
- life size cut-out for your local hero exhibit [more than one may be available]
- ‘maker session’ with basic materials to decorate a local hero cut-out at your venue
We could make it easier to get involved by offering to
- come to your local community venue
- come on a day you have space in your diary
- fit in with your availability – morning, afternoon, evening meeting
- bespoke our visit to fill the time you have available
We could also pay you preferred local
- community venue for room hire to deliver the sessions in
- supplier for participant refreshments taken during sessions
Extra help could be provided with
- reimbursement of transport costs [*fair use policy applies]
Interested in joining in then please let us know
Image shown from the YMCA recent HLF funded ‘local heroes’ project.